Monday, November 17, 2008

Look at me! Updating!!










Wow it's been forever. It's so hard to update. But here goes...
Firstly: Halloween!!!! I was soo looking forward to a European Halloween... Needless to say I was disappointed somewhat. Mostly because they hardly celebrate it.. Donc, no trick or treating for me :( :( :( But I ended up (dressed as bob marley) going to this little parade thing with my host sister and Helena (the girl from Canada) They had about two floats and quite a gathering of people. The top picture is my friend François from school. The second one was this castle float with was good. The third had this band on it and they were quite good. Except that I did not hear even one Halloween song. I didn't even hear Monster Mash!!! Lame. The last one is my host sister and I. Aren't I such a good influence??? I am sure most of you are familiar with the tim burton movie nightmare before christmas. Well I showed it to Julie and for the rest of the night we were singing the first song. It goes "this is Halloween" but Juju got it in her head that it went "Christmas Halloween". I laughed more than a little bit at that!! That night I also had my first taste of Vin Chaud. That's Hot Wine for those of you who can't speak french... It's like cider with alcohol in it and I just love it. I even made Julie try it (she rejects most alcohol) and she adored it!!! Muhahaha. Halloween ended up being fun after all. Even if it wasn't what I expected.
Highest point in belgium=quite flat- So rotary took us exchange students to the highest poin in belgium... Turns out that is is not very high AND I didn't see a mountain anywhere... It was rather FLAT!!! Hahaha wow. It was fun though. We went on this 6km long walk and I got to jump in puddles. The whole area was kind of marshy/swampy and so we walked on this boardwalk and I saw more than one of mes amis fall through holes/fall of the board walk. It rocked. Then later we had hot chocolate. Yum.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look like you are getting taller!!!!!

Mr. Stephenson said...

You are having the time of your life. I am glad you are having this experience.

Speaking of learning a song wrong... Today in class, my students argued over the lyrics to the Lollipop song from Wizard of Oz. Some thought it was "We represent the Lollipop Guild" and some thought it was "Lollipop Kids." The right answer is Guild, which I'm sure you know.

I do not understand the mania surrounding Twilight, but the movie actually looks decent. I don't think it will be a flop like the Eragon movie. I'm going to the midnight showing just to be a part of another "book to movie" night. I'll keep you posted.

Weren't you going to e-mail my school address for some reason?

Ann said...

Loving the Bob Marley costume;)

Mr. Stephenson said...

Just so you know--in English today we listened to your old MP3 about your ungrateful cousin. He's real, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd like to thank you for such a great quality site!
Was thinking this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Johnie Maverick
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/kwanzaa-party-supplies.html]kwanzaa Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Crawling Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Rapidly Find High Quality Movies, Console Games, Music, Applications and Download Them @ Dashing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody!

My name is Eva, I live in Scottsdale, AZ.

I am here to network / interact with other people for sharing knowledge, discussing ideas, seeking advice, find business partners & the like.

Regards,
Eva